www.yarntoknit.co.uk

email: info@yarntoknit.co.uk

Yarn to Knit Blog

Saturday 28 January 2012

MOUSEY DOG & STRIPEY BLANKET

Wooo hooo I have finally finished my crochet projects!

I discountinued the Lang Yarns Cotone and other branded yarns from the shop as I want to concentrate on my hand dyed yarns only. For both projects I used leftovers of Lang Yarns Cotone in various colours. I love these bright colours. 

Mousey Dog. This was supposed to be a Sausage Dog but some say it looks like a mouse, the others like a dog or even a rocket! So hence the title. The free pattern is Amigurumi Wiener Dog by Lion Brand Yarn. I do have to give a credit to my sister-in-law Sophie who assembled and sewed all parts together while I was in hospital with our little Cedric (pictured bellow) being born. So at the end the Mousey Dog was ready for his recipient's arrival. Thanks Sophie! 

Stripey Blanket. This was easy and fun to do. The blanket grew pretty fast. A perfect project when watching the telly. The finished blanket measures 125 x 85 cm. It is slightly heavier for a baby blanket so I think I will be using it as a mat for Cedric to lie down on and play..and maybe learn the colours ;-).. The free pattern is Granny Stripes by Lucy of Attic24.
photos © Yarn to Knit

No comments:

Post a Comment