www.yarntoknit.co.uk

email: info@yarntoknit.co.uk

Yarn to Knit Blog

Thursday 1 March 2012

HAPPY GLOVES AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND

What a busy, lovely weekend.

Last Saturday, Me, Oliver and our little Cedric went to Unravel - a knitting festival in Farnham, Surrey. It was Cedric's first trip in a car and he was screaming his head off for half of the journey while we were stuck in traffic. I hate it when you can't help those little people while driving. I was quite relieved when we finally got to the car park in Farnham.


This was my third year at Unravel. I first went there 3 years ago as a visitor, last year I had a Yarn to Knit stall there and as much as I love this show I have decided not to have a stall there this year due to Cedric being only 8 weeks old now..In fact, I won't be doing any shows until perhaps October.
Spotted at the Best in Show
It was quite a different experience to go as a visitor again. There was enough time to browse properly all the lovely stalls. I had a nice chat with Julie of Tilly Flop Designs, Sarah of The Undercover Owl and Anna of One Hand Knits. It was also lovely to have a chat with Marianne of Picperfic who I bumped into while she was browsing the woolly goodness with her family.

Spotted at the Best in Show
After Unravel, we went to visit our relatives in nearby Woking where we stayed overnight. As a thank you for letting us stay and for cooking a wonderful dinner for us I have knitted these Happy Gloves for Sorcha, the lady of the house. :-)


photos © Yarn to Knit
I have three words for those handwarmers: pretty, easy & quick. :-) 

I used our Bluefaced Leicester DK in Brasicca. The free pattern by Creativeyarn can be found on Ravelry here.
photos © Yarn to Knit
On our way back to London on Sunday we stopped over at National Trust's Clandon Park near Guildford. It was open as part of "Waking up the house" event although most of the furniture and porcelain collection was still covered. Its grand two storey white marble hall is well worth a visit and so are its grounds. We finished our tour with a tea in their cafe.
photos © Yarn to Knit  

No comments:

Post a Comment